Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I Care Inspired



I made this for the Ka-Pow Kreative Challenge #09, but missed the cut-off date.....darn it anyway!  I thought long and hard about this card because the color combo was WAY out of my comfort zone.  I guess that is why they are called "challenges"!



However, as this card was emerging, I started to love these colors together!  For the main image, I used the watercolor misting technique.  I inked up the stamp with Regal Rose, Cajun Craze and River Rock and then misted the entire stamp with water before pressing it to the cardstock.  After I embossed the main panel with the Vintage Wallpaper EF, I sponged the raised parts with River Rock, then added Soft Suede around the edges.  I am so pleased with the way this turned out and am so mad at myself for missing the challenge deadline!
Here is the list of supplies I used........
Stamps: Inspired by Nature, Because I Care, French Foliage
Paper: Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, White
Ink: Regal Rose, Cajun Craze, River Rock, Soft Suede
Accessories: Antique brad, Crochet ribbon, Vanilla Seam Binding ribbon, Vintage Wallpaper EF, Scallop Trim Border punch, Framelits Labels Collection die
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny! It was a hard color combo challenge for sure! I miss Carrie's posts but I see we follow some of the same talented designers! I enjoy your blog and your creative work. Thank you for sharing!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete