Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fancy Bird Branch ~ RS2 & PP86

I wanted to make a card for The Paper Players color challenge 86 because the pallette was so soft and pretty.  I used the Retro Sketches #2 sketch again.  I thought the layout lent itself nicely to this bird stamp.

The birds are a solid stamp and I wanted to give them some interest, so I used the kissing technique.  I inked the birds in Sahara Sand and then inked up the fancy-scrolly-medalion looking stamp from the Bliss set in Chocolate Chip, kissed them together, then stamped it on a piece of Very Vanilla. Voila!  Fancy birds!  I really like the way it turned out.  You can barely see it in the pic, but I stamped FOR YOU underneath the birds in Celery ink. 
Here's a list of the supplies I used......
Stamps: Birds (Inkadinkadoo), Just Believe, Bliss, Fresh Vintage
Paper: Crumb Cake, Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, Very Vanilla
Ink: Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Crumb Cake
Accessories: half pearls, ribbon border punch, other border punch (EK Success), Cuttlebug EF

No comments:

Post a Comment