Sunday, July 15, 2012

Navy & Pink Wedding - RS20 & OCC


Today's card is for Retro Sketches 20 & Our Creative Corner which challenges us to use Navy, Pink and another color of your choice.  I chose Midnight Muse, Blushing Bride and Cameo Coral. 

We went to a very nice wedding reception last night and this was the card I whipped up to give to the bride and groom.  When I first looked at this sketch, I was a little intimidated but once I got a general idea in my head, it came together nicely!  The color combo that OCC picked this week is absoluetly delightful!  I love navy and pink together, and in fact, when I got married 18 years ago these would have been my wedding colors had we been married in the summer.  We chose February as our wedding month, so I went with a richer color palette.  Anywho, these colors compliment each other so nicely and I chose to throw in the Cameo Coral because I thought it coordinated fabulously with the Blushing Bride.  The fact is I'm loving this combo so much, I just may have to make another card to enter in the challenge!


The flowers on this card are from my brand new Floral Frames die set.  I'm excited to get the chance to play with my new stuff! 
Here's a list of supplies I used for this card......
Stamps: Tiny Tags
Paper: Midnight Muse, Blushing Bride DP, Cameo Coral, White
Ink: Midnight Muse
Accessories: 1 1/4", 1 3/8", & 1 3/4" circle punches, Blossom Builder punch, Floral Frames die, Vintage Wallpaper & Polkadot EF, 1/8" white satin ribbon, Blushing Bride Pleated ribbon, Silver brads, Itty Bitty Punch pack
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny :)
    Well, Wow...Cameo Coral is a gorgeous choice to add to the pink and blue. I love your decision to choose the richness it offers in supporting and highlighting the two other hues. Your take on the sketch is spot on and I'm very impressed with the textures that every single piece has on it. The dainty white bow and the salutations tag looks perfect. I'm certain the recipients of this card were thrilled to pieces. :)

    We greatly appreciate you participating in our challenge and sharing your creativity with us at Our Creative Corner. Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again next week!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jenny
    As my fellow Dt has just expressed, your Cameo Coral as your choice colour fits perfectly well into this design. You may have noticed many of us chose the Green colour family to go with Pink and Navy. Your card has wonderful clean lines and by adding the pleated ribbon you have given it elegance.
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner, we are delighted to see your work.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. great color choices--love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Love all the texture. The ribbon treatment is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. jenny, I just love the addition of cameo coral! The contrast is quite beautiful against the midnight muse! and the blushing bride! Great use of color and that pleated ribbon is wonderful!
    thank you for playing along with us @ OCC. hope to see more of your work, soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you've turned this sketch on it's side! That cluster of flowers is just fabulous. :)
    Thanks for playing along with us at RetroSketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful card! I love all the details in your card and great combination of challenges.

    ReplyDelete