Thursday, March 28, 2013

Fabulous For You ~ TSOT111

 
This is yet another card that devloped out of scraps on my desk.  The black oval is the negative of a previous project and that's were I started.  I browsed through sketches and thought TSOT111 was a good match!  I stamped the swirl from Everything Eleanor onto a scrap of First Edition DP and layered it under the black frame.  Next, I stamped the flower from Fabulous Florets onto watercolor paper and embossed it with black EP.  I colored the flower using a really fun watercolor bleed technique seen here.  After the image was dry, I cut it out, spayed it with some shimmer mist and placed on the frame with a dimensional.
 
 
For the verticle panel on the card, I wanted to do something other than a standard rectangle so  cut two panels with one of the Adorning Accents dies.  I bent the edges up a little for some extra dimension.  Lastly, I added ribbon, a sentiment banner and some pearls to finish everything up. 
 
 
Here's a list of supplies....
Stamps: Fabulous Florets, Everything Eleanor, Itty Bitty Banners
Paper: Very Vanilla, Primrose Petals CS & DP, Black, First Edition & To The Nines DP, Watercolor
Ink: Primrose Petals, Pretty in Pink, Bravo Burgandy, VersaMark
Accessories: Primrose satin ribbon, 1/4 black ribbon, Vanilla seam binding, Black EP, Shimmer Spray, Bitty Banners die, Pearls
 
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny
 
 

3 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful card. I really love the scallop going down the side, how clever are you. Thank you for playing along with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love what you have done here and to be able to use up scraps is even more impressive. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin on Tuesday this week and sharing your great creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is stunning! I love how you have used the sketch. Your ribbon, colour combo, colouring - actually every element is perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete