Saturday, April 20, 2013

Black and Gray Grad ~ DD49

 
Welcome to another Dynamic Duos Saturday!  Our colors of the week are Basic Black and Basic Gray with a masculine dessert option. 
 
 
Whew!  What a whirlwind week I've had....actually it's been about a week and a half.  I've had something major going on almost everyday, which has involved alot of running around.....I'm tired people!  My post is a little late today, too.  That's because I didn't have time to do it last night and I slept in this morning.  It felt so good!
Anyway, enough about that.  Let's get onto stamping!!!!
Graduation season is coming up fast here in our little community and I have a several cards to make for it.  This was a good color combo for a grad card, I thought.  I had recently purchased the Pure Gumption set, as well as the Measuring Stick Stampin' Around Wheel, so I put them together.  The card is fairly simple with litlle embelishment, but for a manly card that what you want I guess.  I was trying to think of some other creative things I could do with it....maybe something different with the graduation cap, but my brain was fried this week!  I guess I was sticking with the theme of "basic"!
 
 
Here's a list of my supplies.....
Stamps: Pure Gumption, Measuring Stick
Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Basic Gray, Scarringbone & Howlingstooth DSP
Ink: Black
Accessories: Big Dot EF, circle punch, Black grossgrain ribbon, Silver brad
 
Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny


3 comments:

  1. I never thought of graduation for this colour combo?! And I need a few grad cards soon - thanks for the inspiration :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic, Jenny - perfect as is. I love the polka dots and the DP in the background, and the little ruler banners are awesome. Beautiful job. ;-) Hope you get some more rest soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab graduation card Jenny - love the little banners with the ruler!

    ReplyDelete