Friday, November 21, 2014

Merry Letterpress Winter ~ CAS(E) this Sketch 101


Today's card is for CAS(E) This Sketch 101.  I can't recall that I've ever played along at CAS(E) before, simply because I don't consider myself a clean and simple style card maker.  More is better is my motto, in fact often times I'll look at my finished card and think, "what else can I add?" LOL!  I know there are those of you out there that can relate to me!!!


This card all started with the piece of All Is Calm DSP that was laying on my desk.  I cut the snowflake out of the center and used it on another project.  
I'm always a sucker for a black and silver Christmas card....it comes off so elegant! That's the direction I took here.  I stamped and silver embossed the coordinating snowflake from Letterpress Winter into the center of my DSP. 
For the MERRY, after I cut it out with the Expressions Thinlits die in white cardstock, I inked it with versamark, spinkled it with Heat and Stick powder and then sprinkled it again with silver glitter.  After all that I realized I probably could have just cut the MERRY out of Silver Glimmer paper.  Oh well!   


A little silver ribbon and a rhinestone finish off this CAS project. 
Here's a list of my supplies....
Stamps: Letterpress Winter
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Black, White, All is Calm DSP
Accessories: Heat and Stick powder, Silver EP, Silver 1/4" ribbon, Expressions Thinlits die, Rhinestones

Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the shine! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the silver embossing with the black! Very striking and beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely Jenny, great take on the sketch! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete