Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Paul and Blue ~ CMCC59


Hello!  It's Colour Me time again!  This week we have the subtle color combo of  Pool Party, So Saffron and Real Red.  
I came up with the idea for this card while searching out Pinterest one night.  I was looking at images of the {Wood You Be Mine} lumberjack guy and related images of Paul Bunyan kept coming up.  I got to looking at them and I had a wonderful light bulb moment....I wonder if I could use the bull from{From the Herd} and mash these two stamp sets together into a Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox card?  I was thrilled when it worked out!!!!    

I fussy cut both Paul and Blue individually and strategically placed them together.


I haven't seen anyone else come up with anything like this yet, so I'm excited to have an original idea!!! 
 Here's a list of my supplies......

Stamps: Wood You Be Mine, From the Herd
Ink: Memento Black; Coastal Cabana, Real Red, Smokey Slate,Daffodil Delight, Skin Tone assortment Blendabilities; Pool Party
Paper: White, Real Red, Best Year Ever DSP, All Is Calm DSP
Accessories: Natural Trim

 Make sure you check out the other designers blogs....you can find their links on the Colour Me page.

Thanks for taking a peek!
Jenny



11 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny, what a great idea, combining those images to make Paul Bunyan and his giant ox, Blue. Love it! I will have to CASE this. Your choices of DSP and colours are perfect for this card. Stamping the sentiment onto the saw---brilliant. Thanks for sharing your wonderful idea. It's been a real pleasure discovering your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! You're so sweet! I'm hopping right over to check out yours!

      Delete
  3. This is absolutely brilliant! I love the colours, and I admire your fussy-cutting skills. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, your card is AMAZING!!! Such a unique idea, and you executed it perfectly. This is one of those WOW cards that will certainly stick with me!! Eek, I just love it!!! :D Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun card - love those stamps you used so creatively here and your coloring is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This lumberjack cracks me up, even more so with a goofy ox in the background! Love it!

    ReplyDelete