Thursday, June 25, 2015

Mint & Gold Amazing Butterfly ~ CCMC361


Good Thursday Morning!  Today we have another fab sketch over at Create With Connie and Mary for you!  

My card for today came together from scraps that didn't work for other projects.  I just love it when that happens.  The Night of Navy and gold polka-dot background piece has been laying on my desk for a few weeks now.  I loved it and knew I'd find the right project for it at some point.  The polka-dot pattern is an long since retired background stamp called {Distressed Dots}.  There is a very similar NEW background stamp in the 2015-16 catalog called {Dots for Days}.  
Some of you may remember an inspiration photo that I had posted before and said I'd definitely be using it again, well here it is.....
Organic dot wallpaper in navy and gold || Juju Papers Wallpaper
I really fell in love with this look and couldn't wait to replicate it again!  I love the dark navy background with the gold polka-dots.  
So then, I had these Mint Macaroon and Tip Top Taupe butterflies laying around just begging to be put on a card.  Isn't the Night of Navy/Mint Macaroon a very attractive color combination?  I think it just might be my new favorite! 
I backed the Mint butterfly with a Gold Foil one cut with the Bold Butterfly Framelit.  Again, I'm so in love with this look!!!!  


For the horizontal strip, I used Mint Macaroon and stamped it with the honeycomb pattern stamp from {Butterfly Basics}.  I had seen a post from Tenealle Williams where she stamped an image several times to achieve a different kind of texture. 
By Teneale Williams | Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop | Add Texture with Awesomely Artistic Stamp Set
 That was my inspiration of the Mint horizontal piece.  I stamped it a few different times to try and achieve some different texture.  
Lastly, I added some gold bakers twine and a gold embossed sentiment from another NEW set called {Cottage Greetings}.

Make sure you hop over to CCMC site and check out the other designers and their amazing work!  We love to hear from you!

Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny


8 comments:

  1. Wow! Your card is gorgeous. The colors together are unexpected but awesome. You definitely turned your scraps into a very inspirational card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card - love those rich colors with the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card - love those rich colors with the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny this card is a real wow - I love that gold dotty background and your layered butterflies are stunning on your beautifully textured banner. The gold and blues definitely make for a great colour combination. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Jenny! I can definitely see the texture you created by stamping repeatedly with the honey comb. And the gold dotted background? Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do remember that navy/gold inspiration and love it! It looks beautiful with the mint and gold butterfly. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is fit for an amazing person - the details are so rich and elegant! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I love all the gold accents you used! I bet this is stunning in real life!

    ReplyDelete