Thursday, February 4, 2016

You are the Sprinkles! ~ CCMC392 & PP280


Happy Thursday stampers!  It's time for another Create with Connie and Mary Challenge!  It's color week and we've got a soft, sweet combo of Blushing Bride, Rose Red and Crumb Cake.  Rose Red is one of those neglected colors for me.  I just don't seem to use it very often...in fact usually only when I have too!  Don't get me wrong.  It's a beautiful shade of pink.  I usually tend to gravitate towards the brighter pink of Melon Mambo or the softer shades of Pink Pirouette and Blushing Bride first.  
The Paper Players had a tic-tac-toe challenge going on this week and you know I can't resist a tic-tac-toe!  I just love the concept of this challenge.  I used Die cuts, Pink, and Girly.  

So, when I looked at these colors I automatically thought of sweet and what could be sweeter than a cupcake?!?!  I stamped the cupcake top in Rose Red and shaded it in with some Blushing Bride.  The cupcake wrapper is Crumb Cake, of course.  I wanted to have a striped background and first tried my hand at making my own by sponging some crumb cake on Crumb Cake.  It just didn't work out, so I turned to my DSP stash.  The Crumb Cake stripped piece is from the Go Wild paper stack.  
I set the cupcake on some diecut Blushing Bride and Blushing Bride Glimmer circles and layered them onto a paper doily, tying in the girly aspect.  The heart and sequins are girly as well....and pink!  

I hope to see some of your creations in the Create with Connie and Mary gallery!
Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny



6 comments:

  1. Your card is just so pretty Jenny - I love the striped background and the doily and layered circles behind the cupcake, great to draw the eye in. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the different layers and colors you've used. Very, very pretty. Thanks for playing with us this week for the Tic-Tac-Toe challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card! I love the little heart on top of the cupcake and the layer of glimmer paper - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a beautiful display in a bakery! Very sweet and pretty - love the glimmer and the sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Perfect colors for this cute cupcake! I agree with Chris...looks like you just visited a bakery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pink cupcakes...yum!!! Love all the details of the sequins, doily, glimmer paper, etc...wonderful card! Great job with the color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete