Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Brightly Colored Snowflakes ~ HSS253


Hi stampers!  It's time for another Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge.  This time we have a cheerful color challenge for you. 
These aren't colors you normally think about when you think Christmas, but that's what I've done with them.  The purple and blue are nice cool colors and lend themselves nicely to a snowflake theme.  The green....not so much, but I threw it in there anyway!  I actually like the way it turned out!  I'm such a fan of making Christmas cards and can't seem to stop myself this time of year.  I'm usually sad to see Christmas card season go.  


I started by stamping the snowflakes from {Snow Friends} in white craft ink on watercolor paper and then embossing with white EP.  I then covered the entire piece with water and added the Eggplant, Bermuda, and Pear inks with my Aquapainter.  After it dried, I added some extra snowflakes in the challenge colors.  I spritzed it with water to make the snowflake ink run some more.  Finally, I spritzed the entire piece with glimmer spray for extra shimmer and shine.  I layered the main panel on a piece of Elegant Eggplant and then a base of Bermuda Bay.


I finished the card off with a die cut circle snowflake and sentiment from {Flurry of Wishes} and a sliver of silver glimmer paper and silver ribbon.  
A trio of rhinestones scattered around add a touch more bling.  

I hope you'll find time to play along with us in our two week challenge!  
Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment