Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Rustic Mix of Old and New ~ AYSI159


Hey stampers!  Well, it's been quite some time since I made a card that wasn't for one of the design teams that I'm on.  I had some extra time today and decided to use it to stamp something fun!  I was really intrigued by the As You See It Challenge #159.  It's all about using stuff in you "stash"...which is something that I TOTALLY need to do!  I had so much fun creating this card!  I also used the sketch from CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge #242, but I don't think I'll link it because my card is definitely not CAS!  I liked the sketch, though, and I worked in nicely with the AYSI challenge.  


So, I was able to used a nice mix of old products and new on this card.  Old: Perfect Pairings stamp set.  This was a sale-a-bration set that I hardly ever used.  I think the font goes nicely with the worn wood/rustic look.  Also old are the antique brads and the gingham (striped) DSP from the Fruit Stand pack.  Current products are: Wood Words stamp set, Ticket border punch, Wood Textures DSP, linen thread, and circle punches.


Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny




4 comments:

  1. Oh Jenny, this is lovely! I'd forgotten all about those brads and I know I have some in my stash too. I like the rustic look you've created and the way you've used the ticket punch border, just peeping out like that, is a great touch. Thanks so much for joining us at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you've used all the elements in the collection in such a natural way, it looks like they were made to be together! That rooster is such a great choice for the bird in your project, Jenny! And the brads just blend right in like they were part of the DSP or something! I love your old/new design! Thanks for taking part in our collection challenge at As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this...what a great sketch you used, and compared to some, I think it IS CAS! The woodgrain looks great with the rustic Wood Crate elements too! Thanks for playing with our challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being selected for As You See It! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete