Thursday, April 26, 2018

Indigo Watercolor ~ CCMC507, SIP147


Hello stampers!  Today's card is for this week's Create with Connie and Mary color challenge #507.  Our colors are Island Indigo, Crumb Cake, and Old Olive.  I also used Stamp Ink Paper challenge #147 where we are to color our project using any color medium of our choice.  I chose to use watercolor!  I stamped the big flower from {Beautiful Day} in versamark ink on watercolor paper and then heat embossed it with white EP.  I colored the flower with my aqua painter and the three challenge ink colors and then fussy cut it out.  As an extra little detail I added a bit of paper doily to the bottom of the flower.  
For the background, I brushed on some Island Indigo ink on a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of watercolor paper.  after it dried I stamped it with the speckled stamp from {Waterfront} and then spritz the whole piece with water again.  The effect of that sort of reminds me of some of the cards I've seen using Brusho.  I also stamped the watercolor-like dots from {Petal Palette} across the bottom and a couple sentaments in Crumb Cake ink.  I had the Old Olive branch die cut laying on my desk from a different project so I nestled that behind my flower and decided I liked the way it looked so I continued to add a few more little vellum die cuts that were cut from Petals and More thinlits.  To finish everything off I added a strip of burlap ribbon, some sequin trim, an Old Olive banner, and some linen thread.  Lastly, I put some rhinestones in the center of each vellum flower and scattered a few more around the card.




Thanks for taking a peek and have a blessed day!
Jenny

3 comments:

  1. How pretty! Love the collage look, great layering and design! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card. I love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete